Car Rental at Miami Airport
Miami is a big city. Thus, what’s best than exploring it in your own way with a car rental? A Miami airport car rental comes with many plus points. In detail, renting a car at Miami Airport will offer you:
- Freedom: With a Miami airport car rental not only do you get to plan your everyday itinerary in your own rhythm, but you can also visit attractions otherwise difficult to be reached. What’s more, you can choose the vehicle type of your preference. Are you up for urban, city-center rides? A compact or mini car would be ideal. Do you travel with a company and plan on visiting remote and hard-to-reach areas? Then, opt for a spacious and “not-to-be-messed-with” SUV!
- More time: A Miami airport car rental allows you to plan a busier schedule, with more attractions or to-do things, as it can save you time from trying to catch a cab or transfer around with the public means of transport.
- Less hassle: With a car rental, you’ll avoid the hassle of trying to find a taxi for your transfers or moving around using the efficient yet tedious Miami’s public transportation.
- Potential cost saving: If you value comfort and convenience and plan on using taxis for your Miami airport rides, you should expect to spend a significantly higher amount of money than your car renting fees.
Miami Aiport Car Rental Companies
Miami Airport, one of the busiest U.S. airports as well as one of the most important aviation hubs globally, is served by many car rental providers. Both international and local car rental companies provide their services to Miami airport’s passengers. Their desks are to be found at the MIA Rental Car Center, located a 4-minute ride from the airport terminals via the automatic people mover, MIA Mover. Hence, travelers arriving at Miami International Airport have to reach the third terminal level between the Dolphin and Flamingo Garages and take the MIA Mover to the Car Rental Center. MIA Mover runs 24/7, offering complimentary transfers to the Car Rental Center and Miami Airport Station.
The car rental companies operating at Miami Airport are the following ones (please note that many more providers offer top airport car renting services even if their offices lie outside the airport premises):
- ACE Rent A Car
- P & P Family Auto Rental
- Sixt Rent A Car
Useful Tips for Your Miami Airport Car Rental
- Early bookings come with better prices and a wider variety of vehicle options. Miami Airport is the second busiest U.S. airport in terms of international passenger traffic. Thus, booking your car rental in advance is a wise decision to secure the best deals and avoid the time-consuming reservation procedures at the airport.
- A credit card is usually required to hire a car in Miami. In fact, you should check if one of your credit cards offers car rental insurance and use this one to save money from the insurance fees.
- Settling on full insurance coverage for your car rental can become extremely handy in the unfortunate event of damage or an accident.
- By choosing to fill in your Miami airport car rental, you can save money, as car rental companies tend to overcharge fuel.
- It is recommended to take some pics of your vehicle before starting your ride. In that way, you can capture any already existing damages.
- Most of the time car rental companies charge per 24h. Thus, you should plan your return to the airport carefully so as not to get charged for an extra day.
- MIA Car Rental Center is the picking-up and dropping-off point for Miami airport car rentals.
- Some car rental providers allow an after-operational-hours dropping off.
- The majority of MIA car rental companies operate on a 24/7 basis. However, some of them are closed from 11:00 pm to 05:00 am.
- You should at all times respect Miami’s traffic laws. If you get fined, the car rental company will forward you the traffic fine plus the shipping expenses.
- If you are planning on mostly wandering around Miami’s city center, an economy car is recommended.
- Please keep in mind that Miami roads tend to get congested during peak hours, that is from 07:00 am to 09:00 am and from 03:00 pm to 07:30 pm.
- The legal alcohol limit in Miami is. 08% BAC (blood alcohol content).
- The minimum age to rent a car at Miami Airport is 21 years. Nevertheless, some car types may require a higher age limit, while an extra fee may apply to young drivers.
How to get to rental cars at Miami Airport?
MIA Car Rental Center lies a 4-minute ride from the airport terminals via MIA Mover. Thus, to get your car rental, you have to reach the MIA Mover Station on the 3rd floor of the Miami Airport terminal between the Dolphin and Flamingo Garages and enjoy the fast and free transfer to the car rental area.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Miami Airport?
The cost of a Miami airport car rental varies depending on the vehicle’s type, the required extra amenities, and the rental duration. In general terms, the average price for a car rental in Miami is 60$/56€.